Wednesday, March 27, 2013

French Toast Casserole

by Megan Corkran

1 large loaf French bread 
8 eggs 
3 cups milk  
4 Tbsp sugar 
1 tsp cinnamon 
¾ tsp salt 
1 tsp vanilla 
4 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces  

Tear bread into 1-2 inch chunks. Put torn bread in a 12" Dutch oven. Beat together all remaining ingredients, except butter. Pour over bread. Dot the top with butter. Bake at 350° with 9 coals on bottom and 15 on top. It should be done in 30-45 minutes, when eggs are set. 

    



I added brown sugar and more cinnamon on top after I had cooked it which made it a little sweeter.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this recipe! I made it for Conference breakfast and it was great! I used Texas Toast instead of french bread and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! It was super easy and was plenty of food for a group of 8+. Next time I think i will try to add berries in it before I cook it to have a little bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome recipe! I loved trying it out. I added some pecans to the top and it turned out wonderful. I really liked the small pieces of bread, opposed to slices of bread. I think it made the bread soak in the flavor much more and kept it from getting super mushy, like it would with large slices of bread.

    ReplyDelete