Thursday, March 24, 2016

Baby Back Ribs

by Amanda Terry


1 – Rack of ribs (Trimmed, I prefer St. Louis cut)
(New) Honey mustard to coat
Rub of your choice or use one of my favorites: (http://www.cooking-outdoors.com/basic-barbecue-rub.html)
1 – Red Bell Pepper
1 – Yellow Bell Pepper
1 – Red Onion
1 – Bottle of BBQ Sauce (I use Trader Joe’s Kansas City BBQ sauce)
1 – Bottle of Natural Brew Root Beer.
1 – 12" deep dutch oven

Directions: Remove skin coat from ribs with butter knife. Mix dry rub ingredients together. Cut onions and peppers and layer in bottom of the dutch oven to create a thick layer to protect ribs from hot spots. Cut rib rack in half and stack (so they can stack in the dutch oven, if you have a larger dutch oven then you can skip this step). Slather ribs in honey mustard and coat in rub.

I adapted this recipe from cooking-outdoors.com

Next time I will skip the mustard and just use honey prior to the rub. I will also use a higher amount of brown sugar as I prefer sweeter ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment