Tuesday, June 9, 2020

BBQ Chicken and Potatoes


Ingredients

  • 3-4 large chicken breasts
  • 1 lb package of bacon
  • 5 small potatoes, sliced into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 lb butter, optional (I made this with 1/2 lb of butter and I thought the end result was still too oily. Next time I'll leave it out.)
  • 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (about 18 oz)
  • 26 coals

Instructions

  1. Make sure your coals are burning nicely. Place dutch oven on top and put bacon in dutch oven.
  2. Cook bacon until browned. Drain most of the excess grease (you want to keep probably 1/4 cup in the dutch oven). If you are making this at home, I find it's easier to bake the bacon in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes and chop it up so everything gets dumped into the Dutch oven at once.
  3. Add onions, potatoes, chicken breasts, onion, butter, and BBQ sauce into the dutch oven. (Use enough sauce to coat all the other ingredients. It will become soupier as it cooks, so you might not need the whole bottle)
  4. Cover with lid and make sure there are 14 coals underneath the the dutch oven and 12 on top.
  5. Cook about 35-50 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great meal! I precooked the bacon in my oven like it suggested and just tossed in all the ingredients together. I thought that the number of coals was spot on, everything was cooked and ready within 40 minutes (including the potatoes which I didn't precook!). I also left out the butter and used a little less sauce and thought it turned out with a great consistency. All in all, loved this recipe I will probably make it again in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete