Sunday, April 15, 2018

Barbecued Meatballs w/ grape jelly and sriracha

Barbecued Meatballs w/ grape jelly and sriracha

Every time I made these they were a hit. I thought I made way too many but 8 people were more than happy to devour 50 meatballs. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture until there were only these last two lonely meatballs (eaten right after).



Ingredients:

Meatballs - You can make them from scratch if you are feeling fancy but I use big bags of frozen ones and they are just as good. I usually make about 50 of them at a time in a single 12-inch dutch oven.

Oil - (optional) if you want to oil the dutch oven a little before cooking.

Grape Jelly - 1 cup

Ketchup - 1 cup

Sriracha sauce - 1 tablespoon. You can use more if you like things extra spicy but I wouldn't do any more than 2 tablespoons and I would try the recipe with just the one tablespoon first.

Directions:

1. Prep the dutch oven to about 350 degrees but put most of the coals on the bottom.
2. Brown the meatballs.
3. Mix together the Ketchup and sriracha to help distribute the flavor. Add the mixture and the grape jelly to the meatballs.
4. Cook until the jelly has melted and the meatballs are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment