Sunday, April 15, 2018

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

Ingredients:
  • One box yellow cake mix
  • One can sliced peaches (29 oz.). I prefer 100% juice with no added sugar.
  • Half can of your favorite soda. I used Cherry Pepsi
  • One stick butter

Directions:
  • Heat 30 charcoals in chimney
  • Place 17 charcoals down below the dutch oven
  • Leave 13 for the top of the dutch oven
  • Melt butter in the dutch oven over the 17 coals (place the lid on to melt the butter quicker).
  • Once the butter has melted, add cake mix, can of sliced peaches with all the peach juice, and add soda as necessary.
    • I used too much soda, so be careful how much you add.
  • Mix the ingredients
  • Cover with lid, place remaining 13 coals on top of the lid
  • Wait for 30 minutes.

I forgot to take pictures of the finished product, but here is what was left over after my family and neighbors devoured it! Delicious.



2 comments:

  1. This recipe is good, but it was a little too runny for me. I think, like Brian has said, using pie filling would have made the consistency a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recipe to give to the people I ministered to, and they loved it! It's definitely rich, but it was a huge hit

    ReplyDelete