Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Oreo Chocolate Cake

by Brayden Woodall

1. Prepare chocolate cake batter as directed on the box except I substituted rootbeer for the water which gave it a nice flavor and made it nice and fluffy. 
2. Add batter to dutch oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick can come out clean. If dutch oven is preheated then the baking time might only take 20-25 minutes.
3. Once cake is done, let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Make an Oreo pudding mix (or vanilla pudding with Oreo's mixed in) and allow to cool and thicken
5. Poke holes in cake 2 inches apart and pour Oreo pudding  over the cake
6. Allow the cake to cool for another 10 minutes and then enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Made this last night. The rootbeer was a good idea. We thought that it would be even better if chocolate chips and crushed Oreos were added to the batter itself. And of course Ice cream is a must with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this a few days ago and it turned out great. Used lemon-lime soda instead of root-beer and added a healthy handful of chocolate chips. My pudding would have soaked in better if I hadn't chilled it before but great overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used water because I forgot to buy root beer :/ and it still turned out amazing and really moist. I crushed up oreos and sprinkled them on top. New favorite cake - I will be making my own birthday cakes from now on.

    ReplyDelete