Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Dutch Oven Baked Ziti

Complete Recipe
Baked Ziti

1 lb. Ziti pasta, cooked
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
Green Peppers, diced
Onion, diced
Mushrooms, sliced
1 jar of spaghetti sauce, tour choice
Mozzarella Cheese

In a Dutch oven sitting on bottom heat, brown sausage until done. Add peppers and onions, stir and cook until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes. (With the veggies, add as much or as little as you like, omit what you don’t like.) Add cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce. Add cubed or grated cheese and stir well.
Cover and bake for about 30 minutes with 16 coals on top and 8 under, until heated through. Add more grated cheese on top and cover to melt.


To make it my own and work with the ingredients I had at home, I used egg noodles instead of Ziti pasta.  I also added yellow peppers with the green peppers.  Make sure when cooking the onions and peppers to allow them to crisp. Mine needed more time because the dish came out a little crunchy.

1 comment:

  1. My fiancé and I tried this one, and it was really good! We didn't need to vary from the recipe, although we made our own tomato sauce instead of using a store-bought one. I definitely would make this one again as well, perhaps adding some more cheese and using a different sauce than we did.

    ReplyDelete