Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder

by Telyn Peterson


1 1/2 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c Chopped onion (a little more won't hurt)
2 Cloves garlic, minced
3 tb Butter or margarine
2 Cubes chicken bouillon
1 c Hot water
1 ts Ground cumin
2 c Half and half (I use fat free and it was totally fine)
2 c Shredded monterey jack cheese
1 (16 oz) can cream-style corn
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, undrained
1 ts Hot pepper sauce (I used wildwood arbol sauce from a company called red snapper in Orem...I got it at the Byu farmers market...Tabasco will work great too!)
1 md Tomato, chopped
Fresh cilantro, optional



Directions
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Dissolve the bouillon in hot water (I Just put a cup of cool bottles water...it got hot fast). Add to pan along with cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream, cheese, corn, chilies and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Stir in tomato. Serve immediately; garnish with cilantro if desired.
Yum!!

3 comments:

  1. I made this and freakin love it! I used cayenne pepper instead of hot pepper sauce and it still turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup is delicious! I made it with the hopes of eating it for dinner a few more times, but by the time my friends tried it, there wasn't any left to save. Everyone loved it! I messed up the order of adding some of the ingredients and it still turned out great! I might add some tortilla chips as a side to give a bit of crunch and saltiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This soup is fantastic! it is super easy to make and way delicious. The half and half and cheese make it rich and creamy. Make it! You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete