Sunday, April 17, 2022

Korean Beef Bowl

 This was fun getting to make this about 2 weeks ago. It was easier having mixed together what ingredients I could before getting to the park to actually cook the meat. Here it the recipe I went off of. 


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS:

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger. I put this in a small to go container that I could bring with me. 
  2. Heat vegetable oil in dutch oven at 375. Add garlic and cook, stirring until you can smell it. Add ground beef and cook until browned, (this took 10-15 minutes) drain excess fat, or in my case throw pre cooked rice in. 
  3. Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions , allowing to simmer for a couple minutes.
  4. Serve it up!

This was a recipe that involved a little bit more attention to what was cooking in the dutch oven as opposed to just putting everything in and turning it every 15 minutes until done. That aside it turned out really well. I liked mixing the rice in with the meat when it was finished cooking and keeping everything in one pot. 

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I use pretty lean ground beef when I did mine and didn't drain it as well as I should have, so if I made it again I would do that. Overall this was one of my favorite things I made in the dutch oven! Also pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete