Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dutch Oven Calzone

by Jeremy Endicott

This is my dutch oven calzone recipe. This was a favorite from my days as a Deacon.  My leader was a master at dutch oven.

2 10 ounces cans pizza crust
1 jar, Ragu Pasta Sauce
2 to 4 cups shredded cheese, Monterey Jack and colby
1 bag Hormel Canadian bacon, pizza style
1 bag Hormel pepperoni pizza style
1 jar sliced mushrooms
aluminum foil
cooking spray

Line dutch oven with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Roll out can of pizza dough. Spread evenly on bottom of pan. Put a lite covering of pasta sauce on top of pizza dough.  Put as much as you like. Add Cheese. Put Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and any other toppings you like (I like to add onions and a green pepper).  Unroll next can of pizza crust and cover on top.

Cover and cook for 15 to 30 minutes. Put 22 coals on top and 12 on bottom.

This was a quorum favorite.


1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! The only cans of pizza dough I found were 13 ounces, so I used two of those. It had a great thick crust. I also added olives and an onion. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete