Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dutch Oven Lasagna


by Carissa Pavlakos
 

So this recipe is not exact, but I had it on pioneer trek a few years ago.

I made it 2 layers because that's how much meat I had, it's also really filling, so it could probably feed at least 6 people.

3 extra large tortillas
1 can of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 lbs of ground meat (I used turkey, but hamburger would be good too)
1 lb ricotta cheese (it's super cheesy, you could probably use less)
1 bag of shredded white cheese (for the top)

I put a layer of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom, so it covers the whole bottom of the dutch oven
Next put a tortilla on top of that, spin it to spread the sauce some more







I put the ground turkey in and then the ricotta, ricotta doesn't spread nicely so I ended up mixing it with the meat

Pour more tomato sauce in, add another tortilla and repeat however many layers you want to do

Then put the spaghetti sauce on top



I had 15 coals on the bottom and 22 coals on top, it took about 40 mins. total, you're not actually cooking anything, you're just warming it up. At 30 minutes I added the top layer of cheese. It did burn a little on the bottom tortilla in the middle, but it wasn't terrible.



No comments:

Post a Comment