Tuesday, April 16, 2013

German Pancakes

by Cam 


  (dutchovendude.com)
Ingredients:1 1/2 cups milk
9 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp butter
Powdered sugar
Instructions:Mix together milk, eggs, flour, and salt in a bowl.

Heat a 12 or 14 inch Dutch Oven with about 14 briquettes underneath and 20 briquettes on top for 7-10 minutes.
Add butter to Dutch Oven and let melt.
Pour batter into Dutch Oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until pancake is fluffy and light brown.

Sprinkle powdered sugar over pancake, cut, and serve.

Serves 6

12 comments:

  1. I had been waiting for this recipe is posted. as soon as i saw the recipe i made it. good thing was I had all the ingredients which was so simple. it was easy and simple to make. Plus super good taste. I saved some for breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comment above is by Jihwa Jang by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was absolutely delicious and I got many compliments on how well it turned out. (It moved the lid of mine too because it puffed up so much) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this saves me the trouble of posting this recipe. Thanks to whomever posted it for me. This is the one I used in the cook off. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really hoping my lid would have been lifted like during the cook-off. Great recipe though! I love how simple it is. 25 minutes is the perfect amount of cooking time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this earlier this week, it tasted great! You can taste the eggs a lot more than if it was in the oven. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out great, nice and simple. I added a little cinnamon and it was a nice added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rises so much it starts to take off the lid! Once it cools it just kind of becomes thick at the bottom but still delicious with some maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very simple recipe and tastes great! Raised high enough to lift my dutch oven lid!

    ReplyDelete