Wednesday, April 16, 2014

E-Z Cinnamon Pull Aparts

by Craig Beirdneau

Recipe for a 12" inch Dutch oven

Ingredients:
1-can Pillsbury Grand biscuits (I used the flaky kind and they worked like a charm)
1-stick of butter
1-2 cups of brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1-aluminum pie tin

Optional- 1 jar of cream cheese frosting

Melt butter (I melted it before in the microwave because it was easier) Mix in the vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the butter. It forms kind of like a paste.
Chop biscuits into 6-8 pieces for each biscuit.

You can either roll biscuits and mix well with the sugar/butter mixture, or put biscuits into tin and just cover the mixture over the biscuits. I just put the biscuits in and covered them and the mixture will melt down to the bottom.

I used 4 small stones in the bottom of the dutch oven to lift the aluminum tin off of the bottom.

I used 8-10 briquettes on the bottom and 20-24 briquettes on top. Cook for 40-45 minutes.

Finished product will be crispy on top and soft in the middle and bottom. Spread cream cheese after 5 minutes. Serve warm!


3 comments:

  1. I made this recipe and it turned out delicious. The optional frosting is a good touch, but is definitely not needed. The pull aparts are really sweet enough on their own. My pull aparts also expanded a lot when they were cooked and overflowed out of the pie tin. Next time I might use a little bit less of the biscuit dough and sugar mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is gold! Sooo delicious. I decided to not use the pie tin and they turned out great! The addition of the frosting was a perfect final touch! The only thing I complained about was that we ate it too quickly and were sad it was gone so fast. You can definitely easily double the recipe and have even more deliciousness to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these for my friends a couple times actually. Take it from me: do not pour leftover butter on top of biscuits...the sugar and butter burned the bottom.

    ReplyDelete