Monday, April 21, 2014

Sweet Potato Fries

by James Balden

12" Dutch oven

1 sweet potato
olive oil
salt and pepper
chipotle seasoning

Cut the sweet potato up into fries. Toss the fries with the olive oil.  Spread out in a single layer in your dutch oven. Season the fries with salt, pepper, and chipotle seasoning.  Bake the fries at 450* for 20-30 minutes.  I used 26 coals on top and 14 on the bottom.  When I made my recipe I also used 2 sweet potatoes which was too much for a 12" dutch oven.


Recipe from
http://dutchovenmadness.blogspot.com/2010/06/day-165-sweet-potato-fries.html

2 comments:

  1. The sweet potatoes never get crispy, as the Dutch Oven keeps all the moisture inside. Do not be afraid if they are still soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like potato wedges, but still yummy with some fry sauce. I love baked sweet potato fries though, and this was so simple to make.

    ReplyDelete