Thursday, April 17, 2014

Peach and Pineapple Cobbler

by Cara Gillespie

3 cans peaches
1 can crushed pineapple
1 yellow cake mix
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 T. cornstarch


1.  Drain all of the fruit, but save some of the pineapple juice and peach juice for later. Mix pineapple, peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch together in bottom of dutch oven.

2. Sprinkle cake mix over the fruit mixture. Use leftover fruit juice to drizzle over cake mix.

3. Cook with 16 coals on top and 10 coals on the bottom for about an hour, or until the crust is fully cooked and slightly toasted.

Serve warm with whip cream on the top!

3 comments:

  1. This was very good. I didn't put the pineapples in because I don't like them in dessert, but I really liked the nutmeg added. It made it different than other cobblers I have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to make some alterations since I was camping and didn't have everything, but it turned out well! I like the idea of saving some fruit juice to drizzle over the top- I think it spread out the fruit flavor and made the top more moist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! I really like the combo of peach and pineapple. Using fruit juice as the liquid was a great idea It was tasty!

    ReplyDelete