Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nams' Cornbread

by Kyle Rowley 

(Recipe by my grandma Nams)

1.5  c     Flour
1/2  c     Cornmeal
2     T    Sugar
1     T    Baking Powder
1/4  t     Salt
2           Eggs
1     c    Milk
1/4  c    Oil

The recipe calls for the mix to be baked at 425. I used 16 briquettes on the bottom of the oven and 20 on top. The cornbread was finished in about 30 minutes. If you would like to spice up the recipe, add 1 cup of canned corn, 1/4 cup canned green chilies, and grated cheddar cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I made this cornbread and added a can of creamed corn to the recipe, and it was delicious! It was super easy to whip up and it only had to cook for about 30 minutes. The bottom got a little crispy, but it wasn't too bad. Overall, I was really happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubled this recipe and added the corn, cheese, and green chilies. It was a big hit with the class.

    ReplyDelete