Saturday, April 26, 2014

Guiltless Baked Zuchini

by Telyn Peterson

14" Dutch oven - We used an open ended pan (Just make sure that you can cover it)

2-3 medium Zucchini, cut into spears
2 eggs
1-2 Tbs. milk
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Butter or cooking spray

Directions
Spray the bottom of your DO with cooking spray. (I don't like the propellants in cooking spray, so I just oiled my oven.) Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Dip each zucchini piece in the egg mixture, then dip into bread crumbs until evenly coated. Place zucchini in you DO and spray each piece with cooking spray. Bake at 425* for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with ranch dressing or marinara sauce. Serves 4-6.



1 comment:

  1. Very delicious. I was confused when it said salt and pepper to taste but then mix it in with the batter, so I would say either salt and pepper after, or do as I did and I guessed 1 tsp for each. Worked out really well, people really liked it. Also Dutch ovens don't really allow moisture to leave, so these aren't typically very crispy. To remedy this, I attempted to let some of the moisture out after it cooked a bit and cracked the lid a little to allow it to leave and then crisp up a little. Worked sort of, I waited till it was well cooked to do so, if I had done so sooner results may have been better. So maybe bake for 10 min with lid on and then bake for another 5-10 min with lid cracked.

    ReplyDelete