Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easy Monkey Bread

by Kathryn Taylor

Ingredients:
2 rolls of Pillsbury Biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 TBS Cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup toffee
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1 stick butter

Instructions:
Line dutch oven with tin foil to catch melted sugar
Cut each biscuit in to quarters
Mix sugars and cinnamon in a plastic bag
Drop each quarter into the bag and coat well
Place biscuits into dutch oven, add some of the sugar mixture on top
Melt butter and pour over biscuits 
Add chips and toffee, add more sugar mixture on top if desired. 

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until no longer doughy
Serves 6-8

This recipe is easy, cheap, and delicious! I use a 14 inch dutch oven and it all the biscuits fit with out overlapping. I rotated it every 15 minutes and then let it cook 5 min longer so it wouldn't be doughy. It turned out perfect. The butter absorbed and no doughy pieces, just perfectly golden. You can add anything you want on top, I liked the chips. I added more briquettes on top.

Kathryn Taylor

1 comment:

  1. I made this but I definitely added more chocolate chips and toffee bits and it was amazing!!! I would recommend not being stingy on those measurements.

    ReplyDelete